Gérard’s Mustard Tart
1. True or false, SoupAddict likes mustard.
2. True or false, it was not a good idea for SoupAddict to not make a dish called a mustard tart.
3. True or false, SoupAddict actually has even more mustard, but photographed only what would fit in the frame because she was too lazy to change lenses.
How do you think you did, Loyal Reader?
(You took the quiz, and based on this random event, I have now claimed you as a Loyal Reader. Feel free to put it on your resume as a life achievement. You’ve earned it! [jazz hands])
1. True. It’s mathematical. Seven types of prepared mustards + two types of dried mustard = Like.
2. Ha HA! Trick question. Did you catch the double-negative, not good to not make? That makes the answer … let’s see … double-negative … two wrongs don’t make a right … -1 x -1 = +1 … the commutative property of addition means that not good to not make = to not make is not good … so, that makes it, true. No, false. No, true. Yes, true.
Okay, you people just on go ahead while SoupAddict flow charts this one out. She’ll get back to you.
3. Ha HA! False! SoupAddict bets you said true, because it seems like something pathetic that would be true of SoupAddict. However, in order for it to be true, both conditions in the sentence had to be true, and while, yes, SoupAddict has more mustard than what was pictured, she wasn’t too lazy to change her camera lens. She just didn’t want to. So. There.
Now, you’ve probably already had a very fulfilling blog-reading experience, what with having been crowned Loyal Reader and taking a blog quiz in the space of just a few paragraphs. But wait. There’s more. There’s actually a point to the mustard.
Yes, you read correctly: SoupAddict has a point.
SoupAddict made a savory tart. With mustard.
Whut? [puzzled look]
Oh, you’re waiting for more of the point. Good move. Because it’s an awesome tart. And it’s French. So you know that tasty goodness is built right in. Here we go:
The trick, of course, is getting to them when there’s three feet of snow on the ground, and you cook in your Crocs. (Yes, SoupAddict wears Crocs in the kitchen. Pale pink Crocs. But don’t worry about SoupAddict: she doesn’t wear the Crocs in public. No, sir. Fashion-forward SoupAddict wears her Keens when she goes out.)