Grilled Baby Bok Choy
2 heads baby bok choy (a.k.a shanghai bok choy or baby pak choy)
olive oil, for brushing
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 recipe hoisin marinade (recipe below )
1. Prepare grill for direct grilling; heat to medium-high.
2. Slice heads in half vertically through the stem end. Gently rinse bok choy heads, taking care not to break the stems from the head, and pat dry. Brush all sides and leaves (as best you can) with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place on clean, hot grill, cut side down, positioning so the leaves are not over high, open flames. When the bulb becomes lightly charred with grill marks, turn over. Marinate the cut sides generously with the hoisin sauce.
4. As long as the leaves are kept away from open flame, they will attractively wilt and pull in on themselves, keeping the head nice and tight.
5. Turn once more when grill marks appear on the other side (cut side is facing down once again). Marinate the 2nd side with additional hoisin sauce.
6. Remove the heads from the grill and serve immediately, with the remaining hoisin sauce on the side.
adapted from epicurious.com 
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
2 teaspoons Dijon or honey Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Place all ingredients except sesame seeds in a tall narrow container and blend with an immersion blender until emulsified (or use a regular blender). Stir in sesame seeds.