Roasted Spring Vegetable Salad
1 large leek, white and light green part only, sliced in half lengthwise, then into 3″ pieces
1 bunch asparagus tips
1 head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
1 bunch radishes, sliced in half
1 handful sugar snap peas, tips removed, cut into 2″ pieces
1 small head Boston or Bibb lettuce, shredded
3 ounces goat cheese
1 handful pepitas or sunflower seeds
salt and freshly ground black pepper
avocado vinaigrette (recipe here ), or use your favorite vinaigrette
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Place the leek, asparagus, radicchio slices and radishes (cut side down) on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the radicchio to make sure it doesn’t singe. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Briefly blanch the sugar snap peas in boiling water (use a small sauce pot), 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and drain.
4. Toss the peas, lettuce, goat cheese, seeds and croutons in a large salad bowl.
5. When the roasted vegetables have cooled, slice the radishes, leeks and radicchio into smaller, bite-sized pieces, and add them, plus the asparagus, to the salad bowl. Add a bit of the vinaigrette and toss to mix.
5. Serve with additional vinaigrette on the side.