Beef Fajita Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing
Celebrate summer's fresh bounty with a perfectly seasoned, veggie-stuffed, beef fajita salad, topped with a light and creamy, Tex-Mex-inspired salsa dressing.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
for the dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup medium cantina style salsa
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
for the fajita salad
- 24 ounce bag John Soules Foods Angus Beef Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or spray oil
- 1 red onion , sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper , sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup corn kernels (from one ear of corn, or thawed from frozen)
- 1 medium head lettuce , cored, leaves rinsed, dried, and roughly chopped
- 1 avocado , sliced thin
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced (optional)
- 1/2 fresh lime
- Chopped cilantro , for topping
For the salsa - Add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and process until smooth and completely blended. Set aside (dressing can made be ahead of time and stored in the fridge).
For the fajita salad - Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the beef fajitas, cooking to package directions. Transfer the fajitas to a plate and set aside.
Add the oil to the large skillet and let warm until shimmering. Add the onions, bell peppers, and corn and saute until the onions and peppers have softened. Return the fajitas to the skillet and warm through. Squeeze lime juice over the fajitas.
Line serving bowls generously with lettuce, and spoon the beef fajitas and vegetables over the top. Top with avocado slices, tomatoes, jalapeño slices (if using), and cilantro. Drizzle with the creamy salsa dressing, and serve more on the side so your guests can help themselves.
Serve immediately with frosty Coca-Cola® soft drinks in tall glasses with lots of ice.