Chilled Lemon Basil Avocado Soup
Creamy avocado soup gets a brightening kiss from lemon and lemon basil in this delicious chilled soup. It's light on the palette but rich in texture, so consider serving it as an appetizer (cute in shot glasses) or as a starter.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados roughly chopped (peeled, pit discarded)
- 1 cup coconut milk I used lite
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth a mild, light tasting broth works great
- zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice one lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon basil chopped (or use regular basil with extra lemon zest)
- 2 teaspoons shallots minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until very smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend (can be made the night before). Taste, and add more salt and/or another squeeze of lemon juice, if necessary. Note that the soup will taste very mild when first blended, but don't add salt at this point. Wait until it's set for the minimum time before making seasoning adjustments.