Tex Mex Tortellini
A super flavorful any-night-of-the-week meal, comforting carby tortellini is dressed in spicy Tex-Mex flavors for a delicious dinner everyone will love!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 9 ounces refrigerated tortellini or 6 ounces dried tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 1 small poblano pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or thawed from frozen
- 19-20 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro minced
Prepare the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or low-walled pan over medium, until the oil shimmers. Add the onions, peppers and corn, and saute until softened, about 8 minutes.
Scootch the vegetables to one side of the pan, and add the remaining olive oil to the cleared side of the pan. Sprinkle the paprika, cumin, chili powder, and salt over the oil, and stir to make a paste. Mix into the vegetables.
Pour in the enchilada sauce (scraping the can clean). Add the black beans and continue heating just until bubbles begin forming in the enchilada sauce. Reduce heat to low, and fold in the tortellini, coating with the enchilada sauce.
Serve in bowls, and top with green onions and cilantro.