Kimchi Tacos with Gochujang Aioli
Spicy, savory, smoky tempeh tacos with super healthy kimchi and homemade Gochujang aioli are weeknight easy (make the aioli ahead), but so flavorful you'll go back for seconds (or thirdsies!) Vegan, gluten-free.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 tacos
for the Gochujang Aioli
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo or homemade cashew cream
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
for the Tacos
- 6 ounces smoky tempeh(sometimes called "fakin bacon") sliced into strips 1/4" thick by 2" long.
- 1 cup Kimchi well-drained*
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- 6 corn tortillas warmed**
- green onions sliced for garnish
- cilantro minced, for garnish
make the tacos
Heat the smoky tempeh according to package directions (usually: pan fry over medium heat until slightly crispy).
Divide the tempeh strips among the warmed tortillas.
Spoon kimchi over the tempeh.
Top with avocado and green onions.
Drizzle the aioli on top - it's spicy so use more or less according to your preferences.
Garnish with cilantro, and serve
* drain the kimchi in a wide mesh sieve over a bowl, then return the drained juice to the jar to keep the remaining kimchi covered with liquids.
** follow the package directions to warm the tortillas. Or, stack them on a microwaveable plate separated by damp paper towels, and heat on high for 20 seconds, and wrap in foil to hold.