- SoupAddict.com - http://soupaddict.com -
Wickedly good fish taco sauce
Posted By SoupAddict On June 6, 2009 @ 10:10 pm In Cooking | 112 Comments
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: About one cup
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (Greek yogurt is delicious as a substitute if you’re not a fan of sour cream)
1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise (you can use full fat, but, the spices are so delicious, you won’t miss that particular flavor contribution)
1 lime, cut in half
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
1/2 teaspoon capers, minced
1 hot pepper of your choice, seeded and minced (jalapeno is delicious, as are the cherry bomb poppers I used in this batch).
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream and mayonnaise until well blended.
2. Squeeze the juice from one lime half into the fish taco sauce mixture, then whisk thoroughly. You’ll want the consistency of a pourable, creamy salad dressing. If still too thick, add more lime juice from the other half. If too runny, add sour cream.
3. Add all of the spices, whisking to mix thoroughly. Add the capers, minced pepper and cilantro, and whisk thoroughly.
4. Cover the bowl with wrap and refrigerate the fish taco for at least one hour — the longer the better.
5. Serve chilled. Spoon white sauce over fish tacos, or add into taco salads or rice bowls.
Article printed from SoupAddict.com: http://soupaddict.com
URL to article: http://soupaddict.com/2009/06/wickedly-good-fish-taco-sauce/
URLs in this post:
 Pin It: http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoupaddict.com%2F2009%2F06%2Fwickedly-good-fish-taco-sauce%2F&media=http%3A%2F%2Fsoupaddict.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F01%2Fwickedfishtacosauce-1-012912.jpg&description=Wickedly%20Good%20Fish%20Taco%20Sauce
Copyright © 2012 SoupAddict.com. All rights reserved.