Summer grilling has arrived! Make it your mission this year to grill out more often because smoky flavors are just the best #summergoals. Get the season off to a crowd-pleasing start with grilled chicken sausage naan pizzas with basil pesto and fresh mozzarella – so easy to prepare grill-side, whether for a holiday party or a weeknight gathering with friends! This post is sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Summer is just the perfect season for food-lovin’ people. Veggies are plentiful and in their prime. Farmers’ markets will soon be loaded with all kinds of fresh, local food. Our poor grills, which may or may not have been languishing under cover all winter long, are ready to open up and show their stuff.
And everything just tastes better under warm sunshine and blue skies, amirite?
So let’s get the grilling season right with a pizza party! And no, we’re not talkin’ ’bout wrestling with pizza dough, because while pizza dough is all kinds of awesome, we want to get pizza into the bellies of pizza-lovin’ peeples, stat! So, no dough anxiety here!
We’re using pre-made naan instead, which is the perfect vehicle for all the pizza goodness coming out of this summer grilling post. Naan as pizza = awesome. Yaas!
It all starts with party-sized everything, and there’s no better place to shop for a party than party-sized Sam’s Club. So, let’s get shopping! For your pizza party, you’ll need:
- Mozzarella & Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage from Member’s Mark. The fully cooked sausages are packaged in a 16-link party pack, rrrready for grilling.
- Naan or flatbread.
- Pizza sauce.
- Prepared pesto.
- Fresh mozzarella.
- Pizza seasoning.
- Ice cold, fizzy-bubbly soda – get the big Coca-Cola Variety Pack, featuring Fanta®, Barq’s® root beer, and the summer classic, Coca-Cola® Cherry, so you’ll have something for everyone!
Then, gather your friends and family (and maybe their friends and families, too), and get those sausages cooking!
Put the Coca-Cola® on ice, take some vids of your people rockin’ the badminton or jarts or corn hole to capture those warm summer feels, and prepare your tastebuds for the smoky grilled flavors of summer.
Don’t forget to turn the sausages!
Then assemble your naan pizzas with your 5 flavor-fab ingredients. So quick and easy, your backyard cookouts will be the hit of summer.
I absolutely loved the mozzarella theme going on here, with Member’s Mark mozz-stuffed chicken sausages and the super melty fresh mozz slices.
And the pesto really pulls a summer pizza together, with its fresh brightness and beautiful greens.
Pesto is my all-time favorite summer condiment, as it’s so tasty on everything from pizzas (holla!) to pasta to grilled salmon. Basil plants are readily available at nurseries and home improvement stores, and thrive in either the ground or in pots. Try growing your own this year, and making fresh pesto from scratch #moresummergoals.
The best thing about super-easy grilled chicken sausage naan pizzas is that they fit so easily into your summer grilling goals, all season long.
Whether you just can’t bear to heat up your house by turning on the stove, or you’re in the mood for an impromptu, no-fuss weeknight cookout with your besties, or you want to do up the big summer holidays like a grill boss, chicken sausage naan pizzas will top your summer menu with style.
If you’re serving chicken sausage naan pizzas to a crowd with varied tastes, set up a little pizza bar, with extra toppings such as grilled bell and banana peppers, red onions, mushrooms, fresh cherry tomatoes (halved) — whatever your grilling pizza heart desires!
Thanks to Coca-Cola for sponsoring this post, and extra special thanks you, fine peeples, for supporting the brands that help to keep the lights on around this foodie joint. 😉
Grilled Chicken Sausage Naan Pizzas
- 4 Member's Mark Mozzarella & Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausages links from Sam's Club
- 4 naan or flatbreads
- extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella , sliced 1/4" thick
- basil pesto , for drizzling
- pizza or Italian spice blend
- Preheat grill to medium-high, and prepare for direct grilling.
- Grill sausage links for 8 to 10 minutes, turning to cook all sides. Transfer to cutting board. Use tongs to hold each link while slicing into 1/4" thick slices on the bias.
- Reduce grill heat to medium-low.
- Lightly brush both sides of the naan with oil. Place the naan on the grill and let heat until toasty, just a few minutes, then flip.
- Spread pizza sauce over the naan, then arrange the mozzarella and chicken sausage slices.
- Drizzle the pesto over the pizzas, and sprinkle with the dried spices.
- Close the lid on the grill for a minute or three to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately with frosty Coca-Cola® drinks in tall glasses with lots of ice.